Become a Remuneration Analyst
You are a curious, open, and adventurous type? You have some experience in HR, administration, development or related fields, as well as an affinity for data? You have a research-focussed, analytic mind and a knack for digging deep into a given problem to find answers to a question? You do not mind “roughing it” on short-term assignments in interesting locations around the world, but are at the same time confident to meet professionally with a variety of officials and interlocutors on various levels?
Then you might be the ideal field researcher and remuneration analyst. Read on!
Terms of Reference – Remuneration Analyst
Type of assignment: Fixed-term, full-time equivalent field position.
Duration of assignment: Standard 8 weeks (depending on the complexity of the assignment).
Description: Conduct a salary survey in requested location(s) according to specification.
- Present the process of the salary study to all coordination teams, ensuring confidentiality and impartiality.
- Select relevant benchmarking positions for the study with the support from the HR teams and supervisor.
- Select comparator employers for each benchmarking location with the support from the Field Coordination teams and supervisor.
- Issue invitations to these employers, including introduction and explanation of study.
- Schedule interviews with these employers.
- Regular updates to the stakeholders.
Analysis and Reporting
- Collect primary compensation and benefits data from comparators according to proven MSF methodology.
- Ensure the minimum number of employers are interviewed and complete data is collected.
- Ensure consistent and appropriate inclusion of both quantitative and qualitative data in the database.
- Ensure results are well recorded for future reference.
- Conduct in-depth research of local labour markets to obtain secondary data (including official labour statistics, labour laws and regulations, Cost-of-Living indexation rate and period, poverty line and living wage data, etc.)
- Analyze collected primary and secondary data with the support of the line manager.
- Write the final internal report before departure from the field, following the MSF Benchmarking Tool Kit model.
- Write a comprehensive public version of the final report and send to the participants in the study.
- Knowledge/experience in HR and remuneration (salaries and benefits), MSF experience an asset.
- Good analytical skills, at ease with figures and economic data.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Word.
- Flexibility to travel.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently, time management.
- Fluency in English mandatory, French and Spanish highly desirable.
For further information please contact us.